Start Date: Flexible
Compensation: $65,000-$68,000 Annual Salary
Job Type: Permanent -Full-Time
About Working Gear
Working Gear is a charitable non-profit in Vancouver, B.C., dedicated to helping those in need, secure employment since 2007. We provide free high-quality business attire, safety-compliant gear, barber services, and interview training, to ensure our clients are fully prepared to obtain gainful employment.
Are you adaptable, client-centred, and passionate about making a positive impact? We’re looking for an Operations Manager to join our team. This role involves a wide range of responsibilities, ensuring the smooth operation of our organization, covering finance, charity compliance, human resources, fundraising, and more.
General Administration and Shop Operations (40%)
- Assist with day-to-day shop operations.
- Manage budgets, annual reporting, and policy implementation.
- Contribute to strategic decisions.
- Handle email inquiries.
Recruitment and Onboarding (25%)
- Lead recruitment, interviewing, and onboarding.
- Support employment contract creation and maintenance.
Fundraising and Donor Management (20%)
- Develop funding proposals and manage donor relationships.
- Prepare donor reports.
Provide Administrative Support (15%)
- Manage schedules and email.
- Coordinate expense reimbursements.
- Passion for our mission.
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Proactive and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Experience working with people who have limited English language proficiency.
- Volunteer management experience.
- Language Skills: Ukrainian, Russian, Spanish, Arabic, Farsi
- Flexibility in hours.
- Previous experience with marginalized populations is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of poverty-related issues.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by November 20 th, 2023. We appreciate all applicants’ interest and will contact those selected for interviews. Thank you for considering joining Working Gear in our mission to empower individuals to enter the workforce!
For Regular Mail Only – No Clothing Donations
PO Box 88495
Working Gear operates on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the xwməθkwəy̓ əm (Musqueam), the Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) and səl̓ ilwətaɁɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples. As an organization, we are committed to supporting our Indigenous clients, community members and neighbours through our services, and we remain focused on embodying the principles of anti-racism and decolonization in all that we do.